[ubuntu-in] Is Ubuntu Dapper (6.06 LTS) Buggy

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 17:21:49 GMT 2007

Thanks

On 2/15/07, Parthan <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:

> ramnarayan.k at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Am running Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 LTS on a Lenovo laptop.
>
> Me too have a Lenovo N100 Laptop and been running Ubuntu from day 1
> without any major problems. If am not wrong, you have a "desgined for
> Windows" sticker on your laptop, right ?!

right , but the same laptop t-60 has been launched with Suse so probably
need to ask some one running this machine and linux what problems they are
having.

wonder if its the machine though - because openoffice on windows does not
crash (as often atleast)

> But now, I have moved to edgy and I do not face that problem these days.
> I am not sure if it is a bug in Dapper as similar things did not happen
> to others AFAIK, but it may be a problem with respect to Lenovo.

Updating to the latest kernel did reduce the frequency of occurrence of
> the problem for me with dapper. May be try that :)

seems like the soultion is to upgrade - not just for this but for other
things as well

thanks
ram