[ubuntu-in] OO Writer freezing when write in Devanagari

gora at sarai.net gora at sarai.net
Mon Dec 17 10:18:56 GMT 2007

> Ok. --That worked. By typing "swriter" in terminal, OO opens. Now, if in
> the course of my Hindi typing the program crashes, will an error message
> come up automatically in terminal? Or will I have to type something in
> terminal when the crash happens, to request an error message?
[...]

Not sure which version of Ubuntu, or OpenOffice you are using that
you have swriter. The OpenOffice equivalent that I have is called
oowriter.

In any case, the error messages will appear on the terminal when
you start a program from there. You will not need to type anything
else. You can also save the errors (and, other output) to a file
called error.log by typing in the terminal:
  swriter > error.log 2>&1 &

Regards,
Gora