[ubuntu-in] OO Writer freezing when write in Devanagari

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Sat Dec 15 05:23:23 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 15:53 -0500, Dinbandhu wrote:
[...]
> Do you mean the desktop theme? I use a gnome desktop environment-- the
> one which comes default with Ubuntu 7.04.
>
> If you refer to another GUI theme, please tell me something further so I
> can understand to what you refer. And please tell me how to revert to
> the default "Human" theme.
[...]

Yes, I meant the desktop theme. If you are using the default
one, it is the "Human" theme. This is also more of an issue
with Ubuntu Gutsy, 7.10.

So, your case is probably a bug in SCIM. Is it possible to
reliably reproduce it, or is it something that happens only
after long use. Can you run OpenOffice from a terminal, and
show us any error messages when the crash happens? Also,
do a "dmesg" just after the crash, and show us any errors.

Regards,
Gora