[ubuntu-in] Searching a local mentor nearest to me

Rajib Biswas biswrajib at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:26:02 BST 2007

On 8/20/07, Amit Kumar Saha <dandolls at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> --- Parthan S R <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How much RAM do you have ? That might be an issue.
>
> I do not think that the RAM is an issue, though I may
> be wrong.
>
> I remember, having my system frozen when i tried to
> update Ubuntu 7.04 from the Ubuntu 7.04 DVD using
> Synaptic, and I have RAM > 700 megs.
>
> Though I am not sure what it was upgrading since the
> DVD had the same version of Ubuntu which I had
> installed using the Live CD, but still i just ran the
> upgrade just for having a look at what exactly
> happens. However as i mentioned, the system came to a
> halt!
>
> Thanks,
>

> Amit Kumar Saha
> http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com
>

>       Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

I have 384 MB RAM. So I agree with Amit that it may not be the issue. In the
command mode, the system gets updated really fast. I am afraid the subject
line of this message is different. I shall again place my problem in the
forum with proper subject so that many others can notice. Others may have
the same problem.

Rajib