[ubuntu-in] Searching a local mentor nearest to me

Rajib Biswas biswrajib at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:18:52 BST 2007

On 8/18/07, Amit Kumar Saha <dandolls at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi Rajib,
>
> Welcome to the community :)
>
> I belong to Siliguri, but do not stay there :(.
> Anyways, you can contact me off-list if you please at
> this email or better at <amitsaha.in at gmail.com>
>
> As far as help is concerned, do not hesitate to post
> your queries here. You will have more than one mentor
> :)
>

> Cheers!
>
> Amit Kumar Saha
> http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com
>

>       Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go
> to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Hi Amit,

Nice to find you. I am really thrilled! Which area of Siliguri do you
belong? Where do you stay now? I am from Hakimpara. Hope to meet you in
person someday.

Right now the problem I am facing is that whenever I try to update my system
using the update manager (by clicking on the notification icon) my system
hangs. Though I can update my system through the terminal by the command
"sudo apt-get install", I still wonder why can't I do it in the graphical
mode? Is there any solution?

Rajib