[ubuntu-in] MY Information

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Aug 13 06:25:38 BST 2007

--- Vivek Vorani wrote:

> Dear friends,
>                    MY name is Vivek R Vorani and I'm
> a student of Computer
> Science. I'm very new to Linux World and am very
> much interested to operate
> it at the best. Right now, it looks too muc
> complicated but I hope you all
> will help me making it easy.

Vivek, where are you from? (City / State?)
Interesting to know you are keen to use (probably)
Ubuntu Linux.

It may look complicated initially, but the best way to
begin, would be reading sample chapters that are
available with a CD of Ubuntu Linux. If you mention,
your location, the local GNU/Linux User Group might be
able to help you out with a copy of recent Ubuntu
Linux and help you to use it as well. However, you
have to take the pain of reading a little bit about
it.

For a starter, you could refer to the following page:
http://db.ilug-bom.org.in/wiki/index.php/Linux_Brochure_Quick_Guide

Also, to get more details, you could read:
http://db.ilug-bom.org.in/wiki/index.php/Linux_Brochure

Do mention your location. :)

--
FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in