[ubuntu-in] SCIM keymap for Hindi Baraha system

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 11 21:45:02 BST 2007

Re: hi-baraha.mim

I got it loaded. And it appears correctly as an option alongside ITRANS,
Inscript, and Phonetic under Hindi within SCIM.

I have tried typing with it, but it is not giving me Hindi characters.
It just gives nonsense characters. Here is a sample of the characters
that come when I type:

क्ज्ल्स्लॠइहà¥à¥‹à¤µà¥à¤¿

The other m17n Hindi programs (ITRANS, Inscript, Phonetic) are all
working fine. But the Hi-baraha only gives the above characters. --Which
makes me think it is likely some problem with the Hi-baraha.

By the way,

> Don't forget to
> restart SCIM if it is already running: Logging out, and logging back in
> is the easiest way.

How does one log out and log back in? What or where is the command for
that? I just rebooted my computer to restart SCIM. But it sounds like
there is a much easier way.

Regards,
Swarup