[ubuntu-in] SCIM keymap for Hindi Baraha system

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 11 19:42:07 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 21:10 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:

> An updated Baraha Hindi keymap is now available at:
> http://oriya.sarovar.org/download/hi-baraha.mim . Simply download the
> file, copy it to /usr/share/m17n/ and restart SCIM. It should show up
> as hi-baraha under the Hindi section (you will need to have both the
> scim, and scim-m17n packages installed).

I created a new file on my desktop, named it hi-baraha.mim, and pasted
the contents of the above-mentioned webpage into it. I then tried to
copy it or drag it to /usr/share/m17n/, but I received an error message
at this point which states,

"Error while copying to "/usr/share/m17n". You do not have permissions
to write to this folder."

How can I change the permissions in the m17n folder so it will allow me
to put the new file there? Or if not that, then what do I need to do to
make this work?

Also, the posting I tried to send to this ubuntu-in list yesterday,
bounced. Why is that?

All the best,
Swarup