[ubuntu-in] What to do of Old Ubuntu Disc

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:10:25 BST 2007

I honestly think thats a bad idea. The older ones have bad hardware support
and the applications are old. Hence it does not present an accurate picture
of Linux/Ubuntu.
I have had people have problems with the old Live CDs which were fixed in
later versions. Like the network card (nforce) not working, the gdm
crashing, etc etc.

On 4/23/07, Ravi S. Kumar <ra21vi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Distribute them, to your friends who want to give new OS a try, and from
> next time just order 2-3 cds, and if needed you can burn more. Cooperate
> my friends
>
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:46 +0530, mehul wrote:
> >

> > On 4/23/07, Gaurish Sharma <gary4gar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         i have couple of ubuntu disc lying with with of older versions
> >         thats 5.10 & 6.06
> >         tell me what to do with it?
> > You can still use/give 6.06 as it's still supported and gets updates.
> > As for 5.10,
> > I still have it's live CD's lying around can come in handy for rescue.

Nirbheek Chauhan
Sophomore UG
Civil Engg

"..."