[ubuntu-in] wireless on lenovo .. (re to omkar)

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:27:11 BST 2007

Hey omkar,
Sorry for the late response --
Personal experience: External wireless cards (linksys and netgear, dont
remember exact model numbers) have been a PAIN to get working on Ubuntu --
need to use ndiswrapper, and still had some issues.
On the Lenovo 3000 N100 that I am using currently with the inbuilt wireless
card, wireless has worked out of the box with Ubuntu and has given me NO
problems, so I can say with sureity that the Lenovo is good if you're like
me and find it hard to live without wireless:- ), but afaik, most laptops
with inbuilt cards seem to work well with ubuntu. 6.10 still gave problems
connecting to WPA encrypted networks, but I hear that is solved with the
inbuilt networking tools of 7.04.

that's my two-bits.
-Sanjay