[ubuntu-in] VCD Problems

Pramod Tantri pramod.tantri at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 10:57:18 BST 2007

hey guys,

Kind of new.. but then.. just wanne to ask the the codec that we install
does have all the video decoding codecs right ?
'cos VCD is MPEG 1 layer 1 while DVD is not the same. We need different
codec to play each of this.
just like ogg is ready played on linux while mp3, we need to install extra
codec due to proprietory issues.

correct me if i'm wrong here..!!! :-D

with regards,
Pramod