[ubuntu-in] Connecting to dial up connection in Lansdowne, UA

Anurag Mishra mishranurag at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:33:42 BST 2007

Hi All,

As an update...
I instructed them using the step 1 on page
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/setting-up-dial-up-connection-in-ubuntu.html , but
the modem connection doesn't activate and dial at all.

To check the modem, I asked them to use wvdial and the output showed that no
modem was found at /dev/modem. I asked them to wvdialconf and I guess it
tried to search modem and said it didn't find the modem or it was busy.
They cannot install anything else since they do not have internet. Any
guidance would be extremely helpful.

I think the modem is installed and doesn't get activate somehow.

Anurag

On 4/8/07, Pradeep Varadarajan <pradeep.vjn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/07, Anurag Mishra <mishranurag at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > They have a BSNL connection, and as far as I know they need to fill up
> > the number 172222, dial prefix (Area code) and username and password in
> > there.
>

> You won't need any 'Area Code' when you are dialing a 172222 number.
>
> -Pradeep

Anurag Mishra
Graduate Research Assistant,
Biological Systems Engineering,