[ubuntu-in] I have problem with Real Player

Anurag Mishra mishranurag at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:27:24 BST 2006

To play music from raaga.com, you need to run real player and firefox
through wine.
Go to terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install wine

Go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and download firefox for
windows.  Once you downlaod the exe file, right click on it and open it
"Using Wine".  This will install firefox windows version. Then go to
http://raaga.com/ and play the music, it will aks you to install the plugin
and will install realplayer.
One thing, when you use windows version of real player (as with raaga) it
doesn't work as good. Whenver you will try to multitask realplayer will
jerk.  Unfortunately that is the only possible solution for now.

Anurag

On 9/21/06, Sumanth Jagannath <sumanthjagannath at yahoo.com> wrote:

> HI
> I installed Real Player it is working fine but when i
> try to play songs from website(www.raaga.com ,
> musicindiaonline.com) it is not recognising Real
> player and unable to listen to songs.Please can u
> suggest any solution for this problem.
> Regards
> Sumanth Jagannath

Anurag Mishra