[ubuntu-in] Newbie with Ubuntu Linux 6.06

Brijesh ramon_mac at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 21:05:39 BST 2006

Hello Guys,
My name's Brijesh and am new to the Linux community.
Have just recd my Ubuntu cd.
I am absolutely new to it but keen to gradually adopt it completely.

Need some help for the foll. in simple english please ( m not too techie)
1. configuring my PC tel HSP 56 micromodem in ubuntu
2. configuring my Tata Indicom fixed line modem  in ubuntu for internet connection.
3. If ubuntu can be installed on a diff partition in the same disk having windows xp?If yes then howto?

Thanks
Brijesh