[ubuntu-in] Sound is not working

Balaji Narayanan lists at balajin.net
Sat Nov 11 04:01:49 GMT 2006

Mayank Garg said the following on Saturday 11 November 2006 05:35 PM:
> Hi Friends
> Yesterday I updated my pc from Breezy to Dapper and after that I could
> not get any sound .
> System says No sound server is found or either gstreamer plugin is not
> installed properlly.
> How can I solve this problem
> Please help

Not completely related but I had a similar problem. A friend had a
machine installed and everything used ot work for him but did not work
for me. Took me a while to figure out that i was not part of the audio
group.

Check that you are part of atleast the adm and audio group and see if it
helps.

-balaji

--
http://balajin.net

Getting there is only half as far as getting there and back.