[ubuntu-in] [Fwd: Hello from sagar]

gora at sarai.net gora at sarai.net
Sat May 6 08:13:56 BST 2006

On 10:47:56 am 05/05/06 Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Can anybody help this guy?
[...]
> Hello baishampayan,
> I've just registered to Ubuntu Site. I have installed Ubuntu at home
> recently (Though I've been using RH Linux for past 7 years).
> I'm trying to configure ADSL network connection on Ubuntu. It uses
> PPPOE. I tried following command:
> % sudo pppoeconfig
> It says:
> "Sorry, pppoe access concentrator of your provider did not respond"
> (sudo ifconfig eth0 runs fine. ethernet card shows it is configured)
[...]

This sounds like an access problem at your provider's end. You will
need to give us more details. Are you sure that the username/password
are correctly supplied to pppoe? Are you currently running the ADSL
from Microsoft Windows? Were you able to run it earlier from a
different Linux distribution? Are you able to connect with the ADSL
router *not* in bridge mode, i.e., where it is itself running pppoe?

Regards,
Gora