[ubuntu-in] new moderators, Ubuntu-Women [was] Re: Ubuntu-IN mailing list

Anurag anurag at gnuer.org
Tue Mar 14 14:17:34 GMT 2006

Sometime on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:25:45AM +0600, ||  vid  ||  said:
> [Redirecting to the Ubuntu-IN list where it belongs ...]
>
> That's not what I meant at all ... For the record, everyone who asks
> will not be given admin rights. I am handling it fine but sharing
> tasks as a team is better so you (or anyone who is interested) are
> welcome to moderate this list with me but 4 admins is a tad too much
> for a list where subscriber/s posts are not moderated.  Its
> interesting to note that there are only 2 moderators for ubuntu-users,
> which is a *very* high traffic list.

IMVHO, this issue should not have been posted to the mailing list and
should have been sorted out with formal discussions between all the
enthusiasts on IRC. Mailing lists have a lot of tendency to create
misunderstandings. These archives have now been marked with quarrel
for control and power from its third post itself.

> community structure functions without a TeamLeader with only a
> LocoTeamContact, MatthewEast (mdke), yet they have a very cohesive
> working structure and could be cited as a role model of how a LoCo
> team works and I do hope we, the IndianTeam can learn from that.

As of now, I do not see any Leader like figure in Ubuntu-IN. If
someone does emerge then i'll be the first person to quit.

> Also I am deeply disappointed to read your comments about
> UbuntuWomen[2]. This is precisely what pushes women away from
> technical projects and I hope that does not happen here. FWIW, I also

Please let's not get into the issues of gender bias and
inequality. The entire discussion is irrelevent in this context.

just my 2 cents,

Anurag
--
gnu /noo/ n. Ox like antelope; (abbr.) /gnoo/ n.