[ubuntu-in] Pinnacle PCTV 50i TV Tuner card on Ubuntu Dapper

RajaSekhar Yeruva ysrajasekharreddy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 11:37:37 BST 2006

Hi,
I am using Pinnacle PCTV Rave PCI Card on my dapper. I didn't have to do anything. Install TVTIME and start watching. No configurations nothing.. Just works out of the box. I had no success so far using Remote though. Even that can be done with little changes to existing config files listed in LIRC.

Thanks
Raj

 [hpnadig at gmail.com] wrote:
Hi,

   Is there anyone on the list who's been successful in getting any
model of Pinnacle TV Tuner card running on Ubuntu? I need help with
the exact procedure or document to get the TV Tuner card running
completely.

The LinuxTV.org Wiki says the card is supported:
http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_50i

I've been successful in getting the card detected and KDEtv even
catches the video signal (although both xawtv and tvtime fail with "No
Signal" message) but audio is absent.

Cheers,

  - h. p.

--