[ubuntu-in] Error in connection

doxa at sancharnet.in doxa at sancharnet.in
Tue Aug 29 09:31:29 BST 2006

I get the following warning when I try to get an update or upgrade. I need to
know from which file Synaptic or aptitude is picking this IP address
192.168.2.254:3128 from. I had tried changing Network in Preferences to Direct
Connection to Internet, but it still does not work.

I have lost a few days trying to dig this out. Can anyone help ?
CK Raju
Warning---
Could not download all repository indexes

The repository might be no longer available or could not be contacted because of
network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be
used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection
and the correct writing of the repository address in the preferences.

http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/dapper/Release.gpg: Could not connect
to 192.168.2.254:3128 (192.168.2.254). - connect (111 Connection refused)