[ubuntu-in] Thanks for welcoming me !

Anurag Mishra mishranurag at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 16:41:57 BST 2006

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Being in United States, I cannot help you physically much. However, I can
always provide moral support to all of you. As we all know that UBUNTU is
veru much internet dependent and downloadng and installing program can be
very frustrating in India at many places. The least I can do is as soon as
the latest version of UBUNTU (Dapper Drake) is released, I can download lots
of program on a DVD and can burn it for you. I can post those DVDs and you
can make copies and redistribute wherever you want to install UBUNTU. People
can get new programs without getting throught internet by adding teh DVD to
repositories.

Let me know if I can help in otherways.

Regards
Anurag

On 4/14/06, Aanjhan R <aanjhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Vilas,
>
> On 4/14/06, Vilas Sukhadeve <vilas_sukhadeve at dataone.in> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Anurag, BG, Sridhar Ratna, &  Friends,
> >
> > I am very happy to see the so much welcoming messages to my
> > "introduction mail". It gives a different pleasure when one sees young
> > friends like you all who are so energetic and willing to develop such
> > kind of community without expectation of any $ bill in return.
>

> Thanks a Lot. Its our pleasure to have you with us.
>
> in my friend circle, I have also given them the installation cds. of
> > Ubuntu 5.10 which I have received from the Ubuntu distribution net work.
> > You please chalk out the program, send me some printed literature to
> > distribute in schools and colleges.
>

> Great work..
>
> If you do not have the printed
> > literature then please do something for that so that before we give then
> >
> > installation cds. they will be prepared for it before hand.
>

> @G0Sub, This is a nice idea.. May be we will have to work on it.. What you
> fellow Ubenteros say?
>

> Lectures and
> > demonstrations can be arranged in local schools and colleges if some of
> > you can come to Nagpur for the same.
>

> Sure, we would luv too..
>
> --
> Aanjhan