[ubuntu-in] Re:- New Member - Introduction

Anurag anurag at gnuer.org
Mon Apr 10 11:45:14 BST 2006

Sometime on Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 03:53:52PM +0530, Vilas Sukhadeve said:
> Dear Friends,
>         My name is very clear since I do not use any aliases or nick
>         names. Let me tell you very frankly that I am computer
>         illiterate . I came in contact with Ubuntu is just a chance.
>         Since I was fade up with the virus problems while using MS XP .
>         I asked one of the members of free  software magazine and he
>         guided me to various things and at last I was introduced to
>         Ubuntu. I am so glad to know that there are some people in this

Hello Vilas,
 We are glad to have you here. There are several people working for
the freedom of thoughts and software since quite a long time. Ubuntu
Project has provided all of us a tool that we can demonstrate to
fellow friends who value freedom more.

>         world of greed and loot (rare species now-a- days) who wants to
>         make the things free and accessible to the common human beings.
>         Otherwise in present world everybody is just mad to get the
>         share of the corporate loot. My hearty greetings to all of you.
>         I am from Nagpur(Maharashtra) doing a small business(ready made
>         garments purchasing from Calcutta and selling in the local
>         market.

So, there we have. A diverse mix of people in this forum :)

[snip]
>         volunteer I am always with you all. Because I feel that this
>         corporate world is looting the whole globe in general and
>         India/Asia in particular and this loot should be challenged and
>         stopped. Forest is India has remained only 15%, animals/birds
>         are getting extinct,mother earth is being raped vigorously in
>         the name of mining and development,stars are almost not visible
>         in the cities, their shin is lost under the glare of neon and
>         artificial lights which lights the outside world and darkens the
>         inner world of us all. Where are we heading to, has become a
>         irrelevant question and its answers are buried under the hips of
>         garbage of commodities every where around devoid of any human
>         with its original self.

now Vilas, this topic is quite debatable. Depleting forest resources
are a sideeffect of industrialisation and economic progress. We could
blame this condition on India's inflating population as well.

Anurag
--
gnu /noo/ n. Ox like antelope; (abbr.) /gnoo/ n.