uLuas: Ubuntu Touch app for real-time Luas information

Mike O'Donohue airurando at eircom.net
Fri Jan 3 20:56:10 UTC 2014

On 31/12/13 15:02, Aaron Hastings wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First off, allow me to introduce myself. My membership of this mailing
> list is long overdue. My name is Aaron Hastings and I am an Ubuntu
> user/abuser for several years now. I have also done work as an Ubuntu
> sysadmin and now working as a sysadmin on numerous platforms,
> including Debian, CentOS, and HPC systems running SLES and RHEL. I'm a
> member of 091 Labs, the Galway hackerspace and have been involved in
> small-scale loco events through this.
>
> Recently, I have turned my attention to Ubuntu development,
> particularly since the launch of the Ubuntu SDK. In thinking of what I
> would require for Ubuntu Touch to become my daily driver, I looked at
> what apps I use daily and cannot function without. One of these is a
> Luas stop time app.
>
> As a result of this, I have chosen to develop one for the Ubuntu
> platform. The name I have given it is "uLuas". It provides real-time
> stop information for both Luas lines and is based on a simple, tabbed
> layout.
>
> The only devices I have for testing is a Samsung Galaxy S2 and a Nexus
> 7, so if anyone would be willing to give it a whirl on other devices
> and provide me with feedback, I'd be delighted!
>
> I have created a dedicated website for the app and you can find more
> information about it below:
> http://uluas.thecosmicfrog.org/
>
> I'm actually up in Dublin full-time now, so I'll hopefully catch some
> of you at future Ubuntu or ILUG events.
>
> All the best,
> Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to this very low traffic mailing list and congrats on the
release of your uLuas app.  I've met you once or twice (events in UL I
believe).  Unfortunately I have no device to test uLuas on but I'm sure
others on this list have.

Best of Luck with the app development and I hope to meet you again at
events in Dublin in 2014.

Kind Regards,

Mike.