Virtual Ububtu Developer Summit starts tomorrow

Mike O'Donohue airurando at eircom.net
Fri Nov 22 22:03:19 UTC 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes indeed, I agree that attendance was down during this vUDS.  I
attended most of the Community track sessions that related to LoCo
activity either live or on playback.  I saw some activity on irc and
this activity was mentioned in the hangouts.  The problem with just two
or three guys talking amongst themselves is not a flaw with the vUDS
system.  Participation is key and anyone who wanted could have joined
most of the hangouts.  Personally, I didn't have the confidence to join
in.  As with our LoCo team it seems the wider global LoCo initiative is
at a low ebb.  I'm not sure how the other tracks faired (I would hope
they faired better).  Most of the the sessions relating to LoCo activity
centered on trying to define ways to increase participation and ways to
lower or remove barriers.

What can we do to increase interest, enthusiasm and participation?
That's the big question.

I heard a rumour about a seperate LoCo specific summit that would use
the same system as vUDS.  If that turns out to be real it is something I
would be very interested in.

Regards,

Mike