Computer suppliers information

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sat Mar 2 22:28:29 UTC 2013

It can depend. My laptop licence thingie said that if I didn't agree to
the Windows terms I could return the software & hardware to the retailer
for a refund. So I couldn't have just got a windows refund. I didn't
bother. So, not exactly a "legal right". FYI Lots of consumer law would
explicitly say that the retailer (not the manufacter) is liable for
things, but that's unlikely to be be relevant in this case.

Most 'licence agreements' have so much nonsense that they are probably
not binding under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts law. But
y'know, not likely to be too effective.