Reminder: Team IRC Meeting tomorrow Wednesday at 20:30

Mike O'Donohue airurando at eircom.net
Tue Apr 2 11:31:34 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

The next IRC meeting of the Ubuntu Ireland LoCo Team is due to take
place tomorrow, Wednesday 02 Apr 13, at 8:30pm. The LoCo Team Portal
listing for the meeting can be found at:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-ie/566/detail/

Currently the only agenda item listed is:

Regarding Raring Ringtailed Racoon Release Revelries (Make plans for
Ubuntu 13.04 release parties. Are we going to host any and if so when
and where?)

As always, anyone can add further items to the agenda on the LTP listing.

The meeting will be held in the #ubuntu-ie channel on the
irc.freenode.net network. It has been a long time since we have given
this blurb so for the benefit of newer team members who are not at all
familiar with IRC, the following may be of benefit:

The easiest way of participating in this meeting is by directing your
web browser to the following link:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-ie

Choose a nickname, deal with the captcha and hit the connect button.

Further details about connecting to the IRC channel via other methods
were listed on our website but as that is now defunct I've pasted those
details below (apologies for the length).

IRC

Like most other Ubuntu teams, ubuntu-ie uses IRC as a form of
communication. Most of the communication outside of the mailing list, as
well as ubuntu-ie meetings take place in the ubuntu-ie IRC channel.

You can connect to the ubuntu-ie IRC channel using IRC clients such as
Gaim Internet Messenger, Pidgin or XChat, by pointing your client to the
Freenode network (irc.freenode.net:6667) and joining the #ubuntu-ie channel.

Channel Guidlines

While in the ubuntu-ie IRC channel (and in any Ubuntu channel) you are
expected to abide by the Ubuntu Code of Conduct (CoC). Most of what is
applicable to the IRC Channel can be summarised as follows (taken from
ubuntu.com)

Be respectful. The Ubuntu community and its members treat one another
with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to Ubuntu. We
may not always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour
and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then,
but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack.
It's important to remember that a community where people feel
uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. We expect members
of the Ubuntu community to be respectful when dealing with other
contributors as well as with people outside the Ubuntu project, and with
users of Ubuntu.

I hope we will have a positive discussion about hosting release parties
and other matters, should they arise.

Kind Regards,

Mike O'Donohue