Creating ppa from scripts only

Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:32:07 UTC 2012

Hi team

I guess I could ask this on the more general ubuntu forums, but I like the
idea of trying to tap local brain power and give ourselves something to
talk about :-)

I'm trying to create a deb and ppa consisting only of bash scripts.  I'm a
bit confused as to what is required regarding the "source" package, because
in this case there is no source package which is different to the actual
package.  All of the online documentation/faqs etc I have looked into seem
to assume that I will be building something.

I am pretty sure what I need to do must be much simpler than it looks.

Does anybody have any good pointers or examples to look at?

Cheers
Bob