How is the Ubuntu Ireland LoCo doing?

Jeffrey Roe tdr112 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:40:49 UTC 2012

Hello Mike and follow Ubuntuers

You rise a lot of great questions.

I will give me two cents on the situation.

I think the root cause of where we are now can be traced back to the
canceling of the regular face to face meetups.

The next question is why did theses stop happening ?

It got to the point where it was the same four and five people at
these meetups having the same conversation each month. People just got
bored and stopped going. It ended up where it was just a small group
of friends who see each other outside the meetings anyway, so there
was little point in meeting for "ubuntu" anymore.

So if we start meeting up again will it go back to the good times ?
Without fresh infusion of newcomers(regularly) to these meetups they
are doomed to fail and stop happening again.
We have to keep them fresh and every changing to keep them alive.

If this is some thing you want speak up and let this loco fall
silently into oblivion

Jeffrey Roe,
www.tog.ie