Precise Pangolin Release Party!

Tom Salmon tom at tomsalmon.com
Sat Apr 21 19:35:04 UTC 2012

I have booked a table in the Black Sheep for 8pm on Saturday 28th, in the name of Ubuntu Ireland.

Tom.

Tom Salmon <tom at tomsalmon.com> wrote:

Thanks Mike.

We will be there!

Free map link:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.34975&mlon=-6.26908&zoom=16&layers=M

Has anyone managed to find a stuffed pangolin? We will bring the usual stuffed Tux.

Tom.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 07:18:59PM +0100, Mike O'Donohue wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> We will be celebrating the release of Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise
> Pangolin) on Saturday the 28th of April. Revellers will gather at
> the Black Sheep pub on Capel Street in Dublin from 8pm onwards where
> we will have a few drinks and chat about all things including
> Ubuntu. 12.04 is a special release as it is a Long Term Support
> iteration and it is the first of which that will be supported for 5
> years on the Desktop as well as the Server.
> As with all Ubuntu Ireland events everyone is welcome to join us for
> this party. So, even if you are just a little curious and would
> like to find out more about Ubuntu Linux why not join us on the 28th
> to celebrate the release of the Precise Pangolin.
>
> "Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It
> also means 'I am what I am because of who we are'. The Ubuntu
> operating system brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world of
> computers." source: <http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu>http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu
>

> The above is a great concept.
>
> Full details of this release party can be found on the LoCo Team
> Portal Listing Page at:
>

> If you plan on attending, as we hope you will, please consider
> signing up for the party on that page. This is by no means
> obligatory. If you plan on attending but don't want to sign up for
> any reason whatsoever then don't.... just show up!
>
> It's been a while since I've me tup with the guys so I'm certainly
> looking forward to this release party and I hope to see many old and
> new friends there!
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Mike O'Donohue

Tom Salmon