We have 10.10 Meerket CDs!

Chen Liang cliang86 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:33:50 BST 2010

   1. We can send them to colleges. I'm in DIT, we have a
   computer society called netsoc. I'm sure other colleges have the same thing.
   We can ask them to be our media to spread ubuntu around colleges.
   2. We can set up talks in colleges ourselves, and give out CDs at the
   end. If people have the time of course.
   3. Give them out on streets?
   4. Give them to our neighbors?

On the other hand, Windows and Macs have very effective marketing strategy.
There are ads, stores dedicated to them, we don't. Anyone know how to raise
funds and marketing?

On 14 October 2010 19:19, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you know Ubuntu Ireland is an Aproved LoCo, that means we get free
> stuff from Canonical.
>
> We just got our shipment of CDs for the latest version of Ubuntu, 10.10
> Maverik Meercat. So I have about 250 professionally pressed CDs with the
> latest version of Ubuntu, to be used to promote Ubuntu within Ireland.
>
> So what do we do with them? Any suggestions? :)
>
> Does anyone want any? Just send me your postal details, and I'll post
> you some. (Feel free to contact me off-list in private if you want)
>
> Rory

Chen Liang
Mr
Bsc School of Computing Graduate