Cork users group

Tom Salmon tom at tomsalmon.com
Tue May 4 18:54:36 BST 2010

Hi Steffen,

I think it's an excellent plan. Cork is easily large enough to support an Ubuntu community. If you're stuck for numbers pull in some of the Debian crowd! :)

At recent monthly IRC meetings the idea has been floated of regional groups. In February there were Ubuntu-ie/Skynet talks held down at University Limerick including a speaker from Canonical. There is also the possibility of an event in Galway in the forthcoming months.

What I think could work well is having regional groups as part of Ubuntu-ie. Ubuntu-ie is the Irish group, not the Dublin group - more presence throughout the country is a good thing.

As a starter, an Ubuntu Hour is not a bad plan. Announce and advertise the time and location, and see who turns up. Further plans can be formulated over beer!

Best of luck,

Tom.