Getting to know one another

Mike O'Donohue airurando at eircom.net
Fri Jun 4 00:23:19 BST 2010

Hi All,

I'm Mike O'Donohue.

One of the least geeky folks in the Ubuntu-ie community living in Co.
Kildare. I dabbled with Red Hat Linux version whatever back in 1999 but
did not get very far.  My interest in linux was rekindled about 2 years
ago and after trying out several distributions I settled on Ubuntu.
I'm just a home user of Ubuntu but pretty much use it exclusively now.
I'm airurando on IRC, twitter and identi.ca. I generally make it up to
the Ubuntu Hours in Dublin and enjoy the chat at these immensely.  I
find theses meetups are a great opportunity for asking questions and
learning more. You should all come along to the next one if you get a
chance.  Again, sincere thanks to all who voted for my daughter Orla, in
the Ubuntu Women World play day competition. Orla won the community vote
and in a few weeks will receive her prize of a Zareason Terra A20
netbook. This win caused, and continues to cause, great excitement in
our house.

It would be great if more members of the mailing list replied to this
thread just to shout out who is there and actively reading the posts to
this list. Doesn't have to be much just a quick hello will do.

Hope to read more soon.

Kind Regards,

Mike