Getting to know one another

Jaqian jaqian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:02:03 BST 2010

Article is very light on details. I know in my Dept, which is Agriculture,
we are M$ all the way (Linux, wha?). However a lot of scanned docs are
stored as either .tiff or .pdf so not too bad, although still using IE6 for
browsing :(

Supposed I better say something about myself. Well I've been messing around
with Linux since around 2001/2 and have come to prefer Debian based distros,
which is how I found out about Ubuntu. My opinion will probably sound like
heresy around here but I never liked using Ubuntu but loved their hardware
support so I tend to go for Ubuntu based distros. Started with Linspire 5-oh
and Freespire and moved to Linux Mint after they were killed by Xandros
(boo). Also use CrunchBang #! on an old Dell Inspiron laptop that oroginally
held winME.

I mainly use it for sorting my photos, watching movies and the usual email
etc. Thats when I can pry it away from my wife and Facebook :)

Rob