Hello Ubuntu-ie this is Lyon calling...

Félim Whiteley felimwhiteley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:47:43 BST 2010

Hello Folks,

Just thought I'd introduce myself after being "outed" the other day. My name
is Félim, I'm originally from Goatstown in Dublin and have been working from
France for the past 3 years with various companies and Educational departments
in Scotland where I previously lived.

I've been using Ubuntu (actually Kubuntu) on the desktop since after LugRadio
Live 2 back in 2006, having previously been a Gentoo (yes I clearly like
inflicting pain on myself!) and SuSE and a bit of Redhat since 1997-ish.. it's
all very hazy.

I mainly deal with server monitoring, using Ubuntu server based monitoring to
help some of the Educational departments manage 160 sites they have spread
across their region, and help manage a mix of Apple, Windows, Cisco and
various Linux based systems. Despite having written the Ubuntu wiki blurb 3
years ago I do actually intend to setup a company in the next year or so in
Ireland to try break the proprietary strangle hold that is sucking the very
limited resources out of Irish education. Assuming I'm not laughed at too much
with my hybrid Glasgow-French mangled pigeon English I fear I suffer from
these days.

Well, again, hello and hopefully I'll be a bit more responsive now I've
remembered to sign up to the list after a long absence!

Félim