Global Jam - An Irish slant

tDR112 tdr112 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:10:56 GMT 2010

Hello all,
I don't think these global jam days do a lot for are loco in there
current format. The numbers of people going to these events seem to be
droping each time we have one. I think the normal person is taken back
from the idea of fixing bugs , its too much for them. I think for
these events to work and everyone to be involved they need more
structure. It needs to be easier for the non programer to come along
and help.
Some ideas for more structure.

Lighting talks on,
reporting bugs
Fixing bugs
Testing
Documentation
Translations

After these mini talks give people a chance to work on them. Or work
in small groups with someone already good with bug fixing helping out
other people.
Also we could use these days for people to work on the loco website and wiki.

Over all I think stuff like this has to be done if we want to make
these sort of events open to the wider members of our loco and the
general public .

Jeffrey Roe,
www.tog.ie