Sys Admins List

Ken Guest ken at linux.ie
Mon Aug 9 14:28:48 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com>wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I've been working with a few groups over the last few months in trying
> to see if it is possible for them to migrate their services over to
> using open source in the work place. Many of them are interested in
> doing so but do have some worries that there is nobody out there to
> support them here in Ireland.
>
> There is the Market place http://webapps.ubuntu.com/marketplace/
> <http://webapps.ubuntu.com/marketplace/>Which doesn't list that many
> companies/Individuals  here in Ireland, so what I'd like to do is try
> and get a more detailed list so companies can access it.  I've done up a
> wiki page that people can either edit it themselves or drop me a mail
> OFF LINE and I'll add their details to it.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/SysAdminSupport  The idea is to create
> a list where people can see if there is someone in their area that may
> be of service to them, providing support in Linux servers/desktop
> maintenance, not just Ubuntu :)

We could use the opportunity to keep
http://www.linux.ie/vendors/supportandservice.php fresh, up to date and
relevant if you like. It's entirely db driven so it'd be possible to
generate a rss feed or whichever to syndicate the data. For extra fits and
giggles it should be possible to do a mashup of this w openstreetmap so
people can see what service providers are closer to them geographically.

k.

http://blogs.linux.ie/kenguest/