IRC Guidelines

Rory McCann rory at
Tue Oct 20 22:14:12 BST 2009

Hello all,

On 20/10/09 21:51, Laura Czajkowski wrote:
> For those who don't know we have an irc channel on
> #ubuntu-ie we're in there at all times so pop in and say hi.

If you can't get on IRC because of your internet connection, or don't
know how to set up IRC, you can just click on this link: and it'll take you to a
web page with the current channel. Pop in and say how.

> The channel is publically logged by Ubuntu bots, so there is no need nor
> is it allowed to bring in other bots.

You'll see a bot in the channel locobot_(something). It records
everything that's said. The logs (for today) are here:

> At all times please be polite, no foul language should be used in
> channel.  If someone is misbehaving or behaving inappropriately, pm
> ebel, myself or mean-machine, you could also try and pm the person in
> question asking them to stop.  If there are no ops available you can use
> the !ops command which will summon an Ubuntu IRC Op into our channel and
> they will deal with the issue or person in question.

Yeah, remember Ubuntu means humanity to each other.