Asus eee pc's

Darren Bates darrenbates at ireland.com
Thu May 14 12:40:39 BST 2009

This is in reply to the last submission, when Maciej suggested using Asus EEE PC's.

Personally I would suggest my favourite, the Acer Aspire one. It comes with a form of Linux called Linpus (and a hidden XFCE desktop very easy to uncover). I replaced this in late April with Jaunty, and I've found it's perfect for schools. I've installed Songbird, the GIMP, VLC, Mozilla 3 and Skype. And with boot speeds of 20 seconds, an 8 inch screen and a small keyboard (perfect for a primary school), I think Mr O'Brien has a runner (provided of course he replaces the Linpus with Jaunty).

Darren Bates