Formation of a press release team

Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - ompaul at eircom.net
Mon Mar 16 19:35:30 GMT 2009

Shane Fagan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>>From talk on #ubuntu-ie on IRC we have decided to make a press team for
> ubuntu-ie. Getting Ubuntu known around Ireland is the main idea behind
> the team. If anyone is interested in volunteer either reply to this
> email or ask on the IRC channel all ideas and imput welcome.

this seems slightly identical to the function of ubuntu-ie

there are not enough people to justify a separate grouping as far as I
can see

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ActivismGuide?action=show&redirect=ActivismHowTo

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam

just linking into a bigger group who are doing more might benefit more

note the meetup date on the "activisim loco" there should be a change
soon enough