Drupal Ireland event - 4th & 5th April, DERI, NUI Galway

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Mon Mar 16 15:26:17 GMT 2009

Folks may want to learn more about Drupal, especially seeing as we're trying
to use it more here on the Ubuntu-ie LoCo.

Laura

 The next Drupal Ireland event is taking place on Saturday 4th & Sunday
5th
 April in the DERI building at NUI, Galway and will run from 10am to 5pm
both
 days.  Registration is free and you can now sign-up for this event at
 http://www.drupalireland.com.

 *Presentations in two tracks: White belt and black belt*
 On the Saturday, the event will include presentations from experienced
 Drupal developers where people can learning more about Drupal, what it can
 do and how it can benefit both them and their organisation.  There will be
 two tracks, so participants of all levels will be catered for.

    - White Belt track: For newcomers and beginners.
    - Black Belt track: For intermediates and experts.

 *Hands-on collaborative activity*
 On the Sunday, we have an exciting hands-on activity planned to allow
 everyone the chance to participate and put their new knowledge to good use.
 Drupal n'Go: two teams will be going head-to-head designing two websites
for
 two Irish not-for-profits, in 24 hours! This is a fantastic opportunity
 during which you will not only gain invaluable experience with Drupal and
 get to participate in the entire website development process from start to
 finish, but will also have the opportunity to help two worthy
organisations.

 Everyone can bring something to the team: web developers, graphic
designers,
 Drupal developers, programmers, testers, usability experts, content
writers,
 and others all have a part to play. This serves as a chance to give new
 users an opportunity to learn more about what Drupal can do, and for more
 experienced developers to expand upon their existing knowledge.

 *Document as-we-go
*Not only that, but we are honoured to have Drupal's very own Addison
 Berry<http://www.lullabot.com/about/addison-berry>,
 head of the documentation
 team<http://drupal.org/contribute/documentation/join>,
 coming from the US in attendance.  In parallel with the website challenge,
 Addison will be leading be a documentation sprint.

 Participating in the sprint is an excellent way to get involved with the
 community and make a meaningful contribution to the Drupal project. It aims
 at creating cleaner, clearer, and more accessible documentation for members
 of the Drupal community. If you are a beginner and learning about Drupal,
 there is a great deal of help you can provide by explaining Drupal with an
 outsider perspective.

 *About Drupal*
 Drupal is a powerful open source content management system which allows
 users to easily publish, manage and share a wide variety of content on the
 internet.  There is a great demand for people who know this software and
 demand is growing.  Drupal's many features and add-ons allow it to be used
 for a variety of website needs; including for marketing, internal
 communications, informational websites, and for social networking purposes.
 See http://www.drupal.org

 *About the Irish Drupal user group*
 This event is being organised by the Drupal Ireland user group- a volunteer
 membership group.  The group is comprised of developers who use Drupal
 everyday; who contribute to Drupal core, documentation and maintain popular
 modules.

 Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, this event is being held
 free of charge. Lunch is also being provided, and while registration is
 free, we would ask people to register before hand so we can cater
 accordingly.

 More information on the event, including accommodation and car pooling, can
 be found at http://groups.drupal.org/node/18452