Bug Jam Practice session - Aftermath

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun Feb 1 19:22:30 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Well we had a bug jam practice session on Saturday. There were a few new
faces which was cool. We met up in the Market bar at about 1 - 1:30.
After some lunch and about half a dozen linux geeks trying to connect to
the wifi, we headed off for the Alexandre hotel on Fenian Street (just
off Merrion Square). There we were able to connect to the Wifi and bed
down. I gave an overview of bug jamming and bug traiging. We were able
to work on a few bugs. If you're a software developer you know all about
bug trackers, but I think myself and Jamie were the only software
developers there. John was pleased to find he was actually able to write
"That's a feature, not a bug" to one issue. :)

All in all it was a good meetup. Got to meet some new people and learned
some lessons for the main bug jam in a few weeks.

Remember there will be an Ubuntu Ireland Pint of the Day in the
Longstone pub from 7pm next thursday. The same crowd of people will be
meeting up, but for a more social, less bug squashing people. :)

Rory