[ubuntu-hk] Whatsapp

Alexander List alex於list.priv.at
Wed 4月 9 04:56:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

sorry for letting you know this way, but I consider WhatsApp group chat
one of the plagues of the 21st century. That's why I have left the
Whatsapp gorup chat "Ubuntu LoCo HK".

It is too intrusive. I need my phone for work and cannot afford to be
interrupted for non-urgent group chat messages that are best handled
asynchronously. There is no way to opt-out from notifications for
particular group chats. It is more effort to type on a smartphone than
on a laptop...

I could continue the list endlessly...

If you need to get in touch with me, you know how to reach me. If it's
urgent, WhatsApp/txt/phone call is OK as well, otherwise I hang out on
freenode IRC as alexlist, you can find me in #canonical-sysadmin

Cheers

Alex

--
"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    -- Benjamin Franklin