Kubuntu support...

Alexandre Vassalotti avassalotti at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 8 00:05:36 GMT 2007

On 2/6/07, Jonathan Zeppettini <jonzep at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to get some of your thoughts on whether the addition of a
> Kubuntu entry on Launchpad (e.g. https://answers.launchpad.net/kubuntu/)
> might encourage more requests to be made using the support ticket system.

I am not sure if having a separate section for Kubuntu (or any other
derivative) would help. In my opinion, this could have the opposite
effect -- confusing users. Most support requests are quite general,
only a few apply only to specific derivatives. Therefore, it would, in
a certain way, divide our support group.

A better idea would to have tag (or category) for the support tracker.
It would help us to our skills more effectively. For example, I am
very good with package installation issues, but not with boot
problems. So, I could search only for these types of request. And
also, it would help the users to find whether their question has
already been answered in another support request.

-- Alexandre