Random error while answering a question.

Mariano Mara mmara at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Apr 18 19:47:50 BST 2007

I just got an error message while answering a question and I would like
to know if it ever happened to you guys too before reporting it to
launchpad users.
I tried to answer a question and when I pressed "Add Answer" I got a
message that an error ocurred:

/ Sorry, something just went wrong in Launchpad. We've recorded what
happened, and we'll fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for the
inconvenience. /

/ If this is blocking your work, let us know on the launchpad-users
mailing list
<https://lists.canonical.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users> (requires
subscription). Include the error ID |OOPS-473C1059| in your message.
/

When I went back and press "Add answer" again it posted ok as expected.
In that moment I found Alan has answered a few seconds earlier, maybe at
the same time I was trying to do so.
My guess is that, at database level, there's a blocking process and this
generates an error in launchpad.

Can you guys recall if you have seen this kind of behaviour too? The
developer in me wants evidence before reporting it...

TIA
Mariano