[ubuntu-hardened] Seccomp Filters

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Tue Jun 25 22:05:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:08:20AM -0700, shankarapailoor . wrote:
> Does anyone know a list of programs with seccomp filters (preferably
> with source code) that I could look at?

A default configuration of Ubuntu (or Debian) will have all the source
code available for you. You can use "apt source <source package name>" to
retrieve the package source code into your current working directory:

$ apt source bash
Reading package lists... Done
NOTICE: 'bash' packaging is maintained in the 'Bzr' version control system at:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~doko/+junk/pkg-bash-debian
Please use:
bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~doko/+junk/pkg-bash-debian
to retrieve the latest (possibly unreleased) updates to the package.
Need to get 5,625 kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://wopr/ubuntu eoan/main bash 5.0-4ubuntu1 (dsc) [2,447 B]
Get:2 http://wopr/ubuntu eoan/main bash 5.0-4ubuntu1 (tar) [5,555 kB]
Get:3 http://wopr/ubuntu eoan/main bash 5.0-4ubuntu1 (diff) [67.5 kB]
Fetched 5,625 kB in 0s (15.7 MB/s)
dpkg-source: info: extracting bash in bash-5.0
dpkg-source: info: unpacking bash_5.0.orig.tar.xz
dpkg-source: info: unpacking bash_5.0-4ubuntu1.debian.tar.xz
dpkg-source: info: applying bash50-001.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bash50-002.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bash50-003.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bashbug-editor.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying deb-bash-config.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying deb-examples.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-arithmetic.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-fignore.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-bashrc.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-bashlogout.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-nocaseglob.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-test.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-test2.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying rbash-manpage.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bash-default-editor.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying input-err.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying exec-redirections-doc.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bash-aliases-repeat.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying use-system-texi2html.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying bzero.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-macro-warnings.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying po-de-fix.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying man-vx-opts.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying wait-builtin-avoid-hanging-on-inherited-children.diff

Thanks