[ubuntu-hardened] [Ubuntu 12.04 LTS] Security support for virtualbox in "Wheezy" is ended.

daniel curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:28:15 UTC 2016

Hello Seth,

>> You may have a bit of difficulty transitioning between vbox and
>> kvm, they both require kernel modules and only one works at a
>> time. You will probably need to manually rmmod the virtualbox
>> kernel modules (...)

Firstly, the virtualbox modules are disabled and can not be loaded by the
init script. I have done this via LOAD_VBOXDRV_MODULE option in the
'/etc/default/virtualbox' file. If I want to use virtualbox I have to edit
mentioned file and set this option to '1'. But this is not important now,
because I've decided to completely remove virtualbox.

>> Install the libvirt-bin and virt-manager packages (...)

Okay, thank You very much for an answer. Now, it is more clear to me.
Anyway, ther's a plenty of forums, articles, How-To's etc., right? So, if I
will have any problems, questions and so on I will search for advices,
right there. I think that this mailing list is not the best place for such
issues :^ )

Thank You, Seth. Best regards.