[ubuntu-hardened] 12.04 LTS Release and systemd.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:59:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

Today, I've noticed that under `/lib` directory there is
another one: `systemd`, with multiple objects (27.) such
as files, for example: 'rsync.service', 'colord.service' or
'dbus.service' and folders: 'reboot.target.wants' and so on,
to name a few.

​Since systemd is under active development in Ubuntu
although the rough plan according to systemd (to be the
default) was during the development of 15.04 Release,
it is pretty strange, for me, that there are some systemd
folders and files in 12.04 LTS edition.

In addition systemd depends on recent upstream changes
to several packages that are not yet available in Ubuntu,
right? However, these have been worked around by reverting
the relevant changes in systemd etc.

According to all above, I would like to ask if it is normal to
have something related to systemd on 12.04 LTS?

I want to apologize for asking here, on this mailing list, but
since systemd, for example, keeps track of processes using
Linux cgroup and generally systemd has added a lot of new
security features, such as 'PrivateTmp', which is useful to
to secure access to temporary files of the process etc., I
decided to ask right here. I apologize one more time.

Best regards.