[ubuntu-hardened] Firefox 32 and 2005 TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Cert.

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Tue Sep 30 23:59:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 07:25:54PM +0200, Daniel Curtis wrote:
> But what do You think personally? "Delete" or "Distrust"?
> What is your own opinion on this? Will You remove it? By the
> way; could You check if your Firefox 32.0.3 contain such
> certificate? I mean TURKTRUST.

Hello Daniel,

I do have the TURKTRUST certificate in my browser store. I don't intend
to do anything about it; if Mozilla decided it wasn't a big issue,
that's fine by me.

I don't particularly like the X.509 Certificate Authority security model
used by browsers but the replacements such as Convergence also don't
seem like they are worth the trouble.

Thanks