[ubuntu-hardened] USN-1941-1 for 12.04 LTS: Linux kernel vulnerabilities

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 18:24:29 UTC 2013

Hi

I would like to know if there is any reason why notice
about kernel security updates in Ubuntu 13.04, 12.10,
12.04 and 10.04 releases were published today (on 6th
september)? *I'll explain what I mean*;

I ask, because I'm using 12.04 LTS Release. Todays updates
fixed several security issues and that's okay, but I'm using
a 3.2.0-53.81 kernel version since few days, so I did not
noticed any alert/information about this update for example
via update-manager or apt-get utility.

I do not use so-called 'proposed-updates' (more correctly
'precise-proposed'). Frankly, I'm little surprised.

It is normal or it is just a small slip of a USN notice? I hope
everything is alright.

est regards.