[ubuntu-hardened] Updates: re-synchronize the package index files via HTTP protocol.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 19:31:12 UTC 2013

Hello Seth,

Your answer is very good. Really. Thank you for a explaining
the update mechanism and HTTP protocol issue. It is so
obvious, that - in case of using HTTPS - users would have to
configure their clients etc. Good point. And I totally forgot
about GPG keys.

Oh, one more thing. Thank you both for letting me know about
"current APT weakness". So, I think it's everything what I wanted
to know. Of course I have a lot more questions, but that's another
story, a completely different story :- )

Best regards.