[ubuntu-hardened] ArpON on 12.04 LTS seems to be outdated.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 15:31:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to aks a question about a ArpON utility,
which is a portable handler daemon that make ARP
secure in order to avoid the Man In the Middle through
ARP Spoofing/Poisoning etc.
ArpON version in 12.04 LTS release seems to be outdated
in comparing with other distributions e.g. Gentoo, which
has a 2.7-r1, Arch Linux; 2.7-2 and Fedora 19; 2.7-5 version,
while Precise ArpON version is 2.0-2.1

I think, that ArpON should be updated, because of very
interesting features and other Linux distributions, which
use newest versions. Is there any chance to do an update?
Maybe I should report a bug on Ubuntu launchpad?

Best regards.